Well, onto the point. Jott.com. If you need to send yourself a message & can't get to pen/paper/keyboard, just speed-dial the Jott phone number, speak a message, & it will store that message online, email your message back to you (and anybody else you like), and it will even transcribe it into text for email or text messaging - again, to anybody you like, and all without pressing a single button!
It's better to set this up on your cell phone as Jott will only know you by the number you call from, but you can set up multiple numbers as well. It can be a really powerful tool (see the video below), but keep in mind that if you want your messages transcribed to text you'll need to talk a bit slower and more clearly than this example:
[Hear a real example] This is a test message I did from my cell phone. Click the play button below the message to hear the recording. It transcribed it perfectly.
- Go set up a Jott account (free beta).
- Call in a reminder to yourself to check out the Learning 2.1 blog next Monday.
(Here are the instructions for setting up a reminder)
- Then explore the following features:
(Here's the link to the How To page)
- Create To Do lists
- Send email and text to other people, even groups
- Jott your blog posts (don't worry, this one was typed!)
- Set up and Jott to different folders
- Jott The Vote (you'll just have to see this for yourself)
- Jott to Twitter, 30 Boxes or other web tools