"…we've got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go
We sing about beauty and we sing about truth
At ten thousand dollars a show
We take all kind of pills to give us all kind of thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll get you when you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone."
I don’t know how many of you recognize these lyrics from Dr. Hook’s 1973 hit, On the Cover of the Rolling Stone. But if you've ever dreamed about being featured on a magazine cover, these image generators will give you that chance. (Note: Some magazine image generators may not adhere to library collection management.)
- Wired magazine cover
- Time, National Geographic, Business Today, etc.
- Time – Person of the Year
RollingStone, Time, etc.
- Create your own magazine cover - generic
Discovery Exercise: (This one is purely for fun)
- Select an image generator of your choice, upload a photo and create your magazine cover.
- Save your creation by using your mouse’s right click and select “save image as”
- Create a blog post and upload your cover to either your blog or ning profile.
Optional: Upload your magazine cover image to Flickr and tag it “LibMagCovers”
Think about how you could use these image generators to create unique signs for your library? Or offer a creative class for library users on magazine cover fun?
In the meantime, why not join me and put yourself “on the cover of the Rolling Stone.” :)